Rick Perry 51.1%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 30.3%
Debra Medina 18.5%
These were our metric's final predictions:
Rick Perry 52% (+0.9%)
Kay Bailey Hutchison 32% (+1.6%)
Debra Medina 16% (-2.5%)
Perry +20% (-0.7%)
- Our metric was within 1% of predicting Perry's support.
- Our metric was within 1% of predicting Perry's margin of victory over Hutchison.
- Our metric correctly predicted that Perry would avoid a runoff.
- Our metric was within 2% of predicting Hutchisons' support.
- Our metric was within 3% of predicting Medina's support.
- Hutchison spent the most money in this campaign ($20 million to Perry's $17 million and Medina's $500K), but saw the smallest rate of return ($45 per vote to Perry's $23 and Medina's $1.83).
- Perry won Hutchison's urban strongholds handily. This included Dallas (47-34) and Houston's Harris County (61-27).
- Perry ran a campaign focusing on TV and Internet media, while Hutchison focused on traditional outlets such as radio and print.
Hutchison has called Perry to concede the race. Rick Perry is now the official Republican nominee for Governor, as he runs for an unprecedented 3rd full term. Congratulations, Governor Perry!